Instructor Mission Statement
Deliver programming that develops kids physically, engages kids mentally and teaches the joy of physical participation.
“This job is so fun. Getting paid is just a bonus”¯ - Kelly, Spokane WA
As a SoccerTots instructor you get the opportunity to influence and develop young bodies and minds. It is a fun and rewarding opportunity. The following are the SoccerTots instructor's goals:
- Develop student motor skills and soccer skills
- Create a fun, soccer related experience that the students enjoy
- Build self esteem in each and every student
- Develop student social skills
- Teaching - Direct classes of 4 to 12 players ages 18 months to 10 years old. The instructor is charged with directing the activities, teaching the kids good motor skills, good soccer skills and some behavior skills.
- Sales and Customer Service - SoccerTots and SoccerTouch depends entirely upon customer satisfaction to survive. The instructor plays the pivotal role in both the student and parent customer experience. Besides teaching, the instructor helps parents register for class, sort out schedule issues, give student evaluations, and is charged with establishing a positive relationship with each and every parent. Instructors are expected to be knowledgeable on all the programs offered and to help sell and enroll students.
- Equipment and set up - The instructor is responsible for the equipment they will be using in class that day. Sometimes this entails getting the equipment out of storage and placing it back again at the end of class.
- Class Management - This is keeping track of the student's progress and reporting it to parents. This also entails taking attendance and checking on kids who haven't shown up in a couple of weeks. This entails a wide variety of small tasks that insure things go smoothly in your class, such as handing out information flyers and t-shirts.
- Training - Instructors may be asked to train new instructors. Training also includes attending periodic training sessions.
Skills and Attributes for Instructors
- Understand the objectives of the curriculum and games
- Ability to plan and organize class content
- Ability to motivate and engage kids in activities
- Ability to give good clear explanation of activities
- Ability to give a good demonstration of activities
- Ability to deal effectively with inappropriate behavior without alienating the child
- Ability to be flexible if classes are not going well
- Ability to make kids smile and laugh
- Love kids
- Are patient with kids
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Understand how kids develop and learn
- Recognize and appreciate individual differences in kids
- Ability to challenge kids
- Can teach appropriate values in kids
- Always willing to learn
Instructing kids in the SoccerTots program is a well paying, rewarding and fun job. If you have a desire and think you are qualified, contact one of our operators today!